Saturday, March 21, 2009

Checking into Blog land!

Well it has been a while since my last post so wanted to let you all know I am still here! I am 34 weeks preggo and tired and ready for Miss Madeline to make her debut. I do not have a new card to share yet as I have not been sleeping well so have not felt like creating much.

My Hubby is in sales and I make Thank You cards every week for his new clients. I just finished making 20 Thank You cards to send to some of his clients and that was quite the chore. I use 2 flowers on each card and had been HAND cutting each flower up until today (my poor fingers would hurt terribly by the time I was done). Today I stopped by hobby lobby and got me a nice big flower punch! Woohoo! You will not believe how quickly I got those cards done using the punch instead of hand cutting. I also picked up some embossing powder, buttons, and seed beeds as well as a little paper and a cute little embellie organizer. I can never leave HL with just one thing!

I have been practicing my heat embossing and I am now really addicted to it so my next card will incorporate that! I plan to start a new card tomorrow with some of the new paper I picked up so I should have that posted here hopefully by Sunday!

Since I have not been sleeping I have been doing a ton of reading. I am now reading the Gemma Doyle trilogy which is a young adult series but I really like it. I have been reading a lot of YA lately. I recently finished the 1st book of the trilogy called A Great and Terrible Beauty and am now reading the 2nd book titled Rebel Angels. They are pretty fast paced and keep you interested with lots of mystery...I would definitely recommend to anyone (well any female anyway...not sure a guy would really get into it). I think the covers are pretty also. I have ordered the 3rd book from Amazon (titled The Sweet Far Thing) so hopefully it will be here before I finish the 2nd.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On a good note I have still been monitoring my glucose and so far my numbers are great. I can even eat pizza which is loaded with carbs and my glucose readings stay low so I am happy about that. I still try to stick to the GD diet the dietitian gave me most of the time but since my readings have all been good I do cheat sometimes! I have another ultrasound on the 31st to check and make sure the baby isn't getting too big. She was on the small side at my last u/s a few weeks ago (24th percentile) so I am not too worried.

Another thing that has been taking up my time is FlyLady. Does anyone else FLY? If you have no idea what I am talking about I highly recommend checking out the website. It is basically a program you can follow to help keep your house clean. I can not believe how clean my house is now and I have only been doing it for 2 weeks! It also actually makes cleaning kinda fun (so weird I know). I must be in nesting mode right now as I am consumed with wanting the house to be clean and FlyLady has really helped me in that area! I know with a new baby coming I need all the help I can get so if I can build some good routines now it will definitely pay off later.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and hopefully I will have something new to share soon! I am off to read for a bit and try my best to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment