Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Challenge Card

It is cold and snowing here in Texas (after some 80 degree weather last week). The kids finally went to sleep so momma has had a chance to blog and work on some projects. Today was my hubbys birthday so we had a small celebration here at home, otherwise it has been a quiet day at our house.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post any of the thank you cards I made. I had already sealed them up to get them ready to mail before I remembered I needed to take pictures. I do have a new card to share with you however. I decided to try an SCS challenge. I went with SC203 because I really liked the quilted look

Here is the sketch

Photobucket

and here is what I came up with

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am still working on my copic skills so I colored the images with my copics (tough to do with such small pieces to color). The stamps are from a retired SU set call Favorite Friends. I used lots of layers and pop dots to get the images to pop a little. I used SU pastel chalks and a blender pen to shade the background behind the flower pot image. Last but not least I added a lot of stitching.

Now I am off to color some more images and maybe try another challenge. Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I like this. Very, very pretty.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love your papers and that focal image. The little mice are cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Congrats on your first challenge card...they're very addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just plum pretty, love the detail, and love how you do and show the inside of your cards.

    ReplyDelete